- The /InsuranceRequest/LeadMetaData/LeadBornOnDateTimeUtc is the date/time that the consumer submitted the lead. This is required and must be represented in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). For example, if the server that received the lead is in Central Standard Time (CST) (ie. 14:32:34), then during Daylight Savings Time (DST), UTC is 5 hours ahead (ie. 19:32:34). During the winter when DST is not observed, UTC is 6 hours ahead (ie. 20:32:34). Therefore it is best not to hard code the time difference since it changes with DST.
- Note: The date/time value needs to be converted ahead of time since a date offset is not supported by our endpoint and thus will not work.
- Here's a sample LeadBornOnDateTimeUtc using the UTC format. Note the "Z" at the end. This is important since it indicates that the date/time is represented in UTC.
- The /InsuranceRequest/AffiliateInfo/ProductionEnvironment element is for internal testing only and should not be included in the lead XML.
- All optional elements that do not have a value should be omitted. Any element that has the minOccurs="0" in the Lead XML Schema is an optional element. For example, <LeadSourceID/> or <Dependents/> should be omitted from your XML when there is no value or there are no additional dependents.
- Test leads must be submitted with the CurrentInsurance/CurrentlyInsured element for both the true and false scenarios. When false, the CurrentPolicy node should be omitted. When true, the CurrentPolicy node is required and the Carrier string must be mapped to our list of supported Carrier strings. If the mapping is not done properly, it will result in the lead getting rejected.